General construction services for the renovation of the 21,500 SF, 32-unit, historic 1877 hotel in downtown Saratoga Springs, New York. Structural work included the removal of the existing concrete basement floor, bedrock, and the entire first floor. The renovation of the grand front veranda included the structural restoration of seven, three-story columns; each veranda column was split in half and a steel beam was inserted into the center of them, helping to preserve the historic integrity of the columns and the building.
Additional work involved jacking of the entire structure from the second floor to aid in leveling of the roof. New structural steel was installed on the first floor and served as framing for the existing second floor. New concrete floors were poured in the basement and first floor levels and a new elevator tower was constructed through the existing structure.
A five-story conservatory was also added to the property and features a brick exterior stair tower and elevator.
Saratoga Springs, New York
Rich Bell Capital